We are seeking an experienced Logistics Director to oversee the logistics and supply chain functions within the organisation from multi-location warehousing. You will lead the department to deliver its goals in a manner which is aligned to the Fox Group purpose, values, and strategy.
The Logistics Director will be excited by and believe in the Group’s purpose and values:
- Our Purpose: To help our customers achieve their goals
- Help means:
- Zero defects
- Timely delivery
- Delivered with a caring attitude
- Customer means a person or entity whose interaction with us:
- Is good for them;
- Is good for us;
- Is good for wider society.
- Our Values
- Customer – understand their needs.
- Excellence – know our numbers.
- Positivity – display positive behaviour.
- Team – balance in what we do.
- Our Mantra
The ideal candidate will have the drive and ambition to push the business forward whilst delivering the Groups Purpose and Values. They will:
- Think strategically, ensuring that the logistics strategy is aligned to the Fox Group strategy and business objectives and is capable of delivering that strategy.
- Have effective communication skills – capable of communicating at Board level as well as with colleagues across our business in our warehouses, delivering to our customers and in our offices.
- Be a leader who understands their style and knows how to make it fit a given situation.
- Demonstrable logistics leadership within a complex business.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to plan and manage logistics processes for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving capability.
- Have the intellectual agility to operate in a busy working environment undergoing transformation.
The main duties for the Logistics Director will include supporting the leadership team with delivering our purpose and values.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a high work ethic, excellent communication skills, knowledge of local regulations, Health & Safety practices including HACCP, strategic thinking abilities, strong organisational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills. They will work with us to improve logistics processes, implement strategies that support business growth, improve morale and employee retention, enhance safety and wellness, strengthen relations between teams, manage job satisfaction, attract the best recruits, and promote the organisation’s purpose and values.
Logistics Director Responsibilities
To lead the Fox Group Logistics Department in supporting the organisation achieve its purpose and to live its values.
- Ensure all teams are working efficiently and following processes.
- Review Management Information to enhance business performance.
- Supporting the Fox Group strategic objectives and business plans.
- Support the retention of people including:
- Support colleagues to fit within our culture and to ensure they have the skills and attitude to deliver our purpose and live our values and manage those who don’t.
- Ensure that each member of the Team can become a better version of themselves.
- Develop innovative ways of enhancing job satisfaction within a challenging environment.
- Coordinating logistics staff according to requirements and availability.
- Managing logistics operations while ensuring compliance with laws and regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with Health & Safety.
- Conduct performance reviews.
- Motivating and supporting our people.
- Establish relationships with customers to ensure SLA’S are met.
- Embed best practises for inbound and outbound logistics to ensure coherence between teams.
CI Trading business with approximately 90 employees within logistics.
Logistics Director Requirements:
- Management experience within the logistics industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Business focused.
- Strong skills working with leadership team to deliver group objectives.
- Highly organised.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Budget management experience.
- Strong people skills.
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations.
- Computer literacy.
- Supply Chain experience
- Health & Safety Knowledge
This role reports to the Managing Director of Support Services.
The role will be a member of the following committees: Executive Team.
How to Apply & Closing Date
Application deadline: 30th September 2023
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org